PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)®
PMI-PBA® certification highlights your expertise in business analysis. It spotlights your ability to work effectively with stakeholders to define their business requirements, shape the output of projects, and drive successful business outcomes.
Business analysis has become a competency of critical importance to project management. Becoming certified as a business analysis (BA) expert can move your career in a fresh direction while opportunities for BAs are on the rise.
Inaccurate requirements gathering consistently ranks in the top three causes of project failure yet only half of organizations have the resources in place to perform this function properly, according to our Pulse of the Profession® research.
It’s time to become the certified expert your organization needs. If you work with stakeholders in defining requirements, shaping project outputs and driving intended business outcomes, the PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)® will spotlight your valuable skills.
This very practical course will allow you to understand the body of knowledge of business analysis. You will discover its philosophy, its vocabulary and the main aspects that compose it. This training will prepare you for the PMI-PBA® certification from PMI.
Objectives of training
- Define what the work of business analysis is and why it is important
- Describe the competencies, processes, tools, and techniques needed to effectively perform business analysis tasks and activities;
- Define concepts related to business analysis that can be applied consistently across all product and project life cycles, product types, and industries to deliver successful business outcomes within portfolios, programs, and projects
- Highlight collaboration points between those who perform business analysis activities and other roles that business analysts need to work with collaboratively; and
- Provide and promote a common business analysis vocabulary for organizations and business analysis professionals.
- Strategically leverage business analysis to ensure that investments are allocated to the highest-value initiatives;
- Adequately invest so that product teams have the resources they need to properly identify and solve the right problems; and
- Deliver solutions that provide measurable business value and meet stakeholder expectations.
» Targeted audiences
Anyone who must assume functions of Product Owner, business analysis, processes and more generally, business.
Experience in business analysis. Good level of English required for the exam.
» Why Business Analysis? Relevance
- Ability to implement strategy
- Organizational agility
- Management of projects, and
- Overall financial performance